About Floor Drains
Floor drains are standard fixtures throughout every commercial and institutional building. Floor drains serve the purpose of removing wastewater from floor areas discharging the water directly into the sewer and wastewater systems.
When designing a drainage system, the location, number, and size of floor drains are all important factors to consider . Proximity of the drain to the source of water is important, as well as the grade, so that water on any floor area naturally flows to the drain. The number of drains must be considered based on anticipated volume and proximity. In any case, local and national codes should be followed for drain sizing and placement. The size of floor drains is important as it affects the number of drains required and the amount of water which can be efficiently drained. As a general reference, floor drains should be sized to handle an overflow condition of water that may be discharged onto the floor.
Stainless Steel Casting for Floor Drain
Stainless Steel Castings for floor grain solution are normally produced in Type CF8 (304) which is an 18-8 Austenitic Stainless Steel with excellent corrosion resistant qualities. For some applications where conditions demand, Type CF8M (316) stainless steel can be supplied as well. In CFS Stainless Steel Foundry, both materials 304 and 316 stainless steels can be selected for the casting of floor grain, as we have the capability to produce different grades of stainless steel castings. After casting, we can polish the cast stainless steel floor grain parts to a smooth finish.
Why Stainless Steel Casting for Floor Drain?
• Aesthetic Appearance – The bright, easily maintained surface of cast stainless steel floor drain provides a modern and attractive appearance. Stainless steel finishes are not affected by ultraviolet light and will not change color under natural climactic conditions.
• Long Term Value – Stainless steel is often the least expensive material option, when the total life cycle costs of the product are considered. Besides, casting is also a cheap manufacturing process that can make floor drain in different sizes and structures.
• Environmentally Friendly – Stainless steel is 100% recyclable, make it the best choice for casting floor drains.
• Ease of Fabrication – Because of today’s modern steel-making techniques, stainless steel castings can be cut, formed, welded, and machined as readily as traditional steels.
• Corrosion Resistance – Ordinary steel castings will rust without rust prevention. Because of the inherent corrosion resistance of stainless steel, its appearance and finish will have an outstanding permanency.
Note: Cast stainless steel is subject to some surface rust and may possess magnetic properties.
• Hygiene – The faster and more efficient cleaning ability of stainless steel makes it an excellent choice for applications involving strict hygiene conditions, such as hospitals, kitchens, and other food production facilities. Maintenance is minimal and, in most applications, an occasional wash will restore the material’s surface luster.
CFS Stainless Steel Foundry in China is experienced in making stainless steel castings for floor drain components, such as cover, body, bracket, etc. If you have such project with stainless steel casting demand, pls contact us.