The spear is a tool that has been used by human with a long history. It was developed by early humans for different purposes, including hunting, finishing and even war weapon. Usually, it consists of a long shaft and a pointed head.
Spear head is the tip that mounts on a long shaft. In ancient times, when it was used for hunting, the metal spearhead was shaped like a triangle, lozenge, or leaf. While, for finishing, the spear heads usually have barbs or serrated edges. But in modern times, people rarely use them for these applications, the spear head is more widely used for decorative purpose. Such decorative spear heads are usually investment cast or forged with high quality materials, such as stainless steel, iron, brass, etc.
Whether you are looking to make your custom spear heads, CFS Foundry is the right investment casting company for your source. We can cast stainless steel spear heads in a variety of styles, such as ancient Greek and medieval styles.
Spear Head Material: Cast Stainless Steel
Stainless steel offers many advantages for decorative spearheads. The key advantages include its high corrosion resistance, enabling it to be used in harsh environments. It is resistant to fire and heat, resists scaling and maintains strength at high temperatures. The aesthetic appearance provides a modern and attractive look for most building applications.
Spear head will be welded to the shaft, this requires the material has good weldability, while stainless steel is feasible. So stainless steel casting of spearheads have the following features:
- Good weldability
- Good Corrision resistance
- Attractive appearance
- Good heat resistance
Other decorative components can also be investment cast in stainless steel.
Spear Head Manufacturing Process: Investment Casting
Investment casting is a lost wax casting method for creating stainless steel spear head. The investment casting process of spear head include:
- Design and make the mold with two halves, whose cavity is the eaxct shape of spear heads.
- Once the mold is ready, inject wax into mold for solification, then take the wax patterns from the mold and fix them one by one.
- Coat the wax patterns with sand and slurry several times to form a protective and hard shell.
- Heat the shell to melt the inside wax to achieve a hollow cavity.
- Pour liquid stainless steel to full fill the cavity, after solification, vibrate the shell and cut off the pieces one by one.
- Grind the sprue gate and shot blasting the blanks to achieve net shaped spead heads.
Advantages of investment cast stainless steel spear heads are:
- The mould can be recycled and has a service life of tens of thousands of pieces.
- High dimensional precision with good surface finish.
- No need for secondary machining, which help to save cost.
- Spearheads of various shapes can be produced.
Contact CFS For Cast Stainless Steel Spear Heads
CFS Foundry is a leading investment casting foundry in China. Since 2001, we have been providing investment casting services to overseas markets such as the United States, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan and Canada.
After years of efforts, we have now become one of the experienced and powerful investment casting manufacturers in China. Through automated lost wax investment casting process, we can customize investment castings for various industries, such as automotive castings, agricultural machinery castings, marine hardwares castings, construction castings, railway castings, valve castings, and other industrial applications.
When you need investment casting solutions for stainless steel spear heads or other components, please feel free to contact us.
- Investment Casting of Stainless Steel Flanges
- Investment Casting for Stainless Steel Bottle Opener
- Investment Casting for Stainless Steel Claw Anchor