CFS Foundry is proud to offer gravity die casting among its primary die casting processes. It is one of the oldest processes in aluminum casting industry that offers several advantages.
How Does Gravity Die Casting Work?
In this process, molten metal is poured from a ladle into a die that can be permanent or semi-permanent.
However, the process is divided into four steps:
1. First, the two halves of a die are heated. Then, an insulating coating is sprayed onto the die halves. This avoids premature solidification; also, removal would be easy once the process is complete.
2. Next, the two halves of the mold are clamped together to pour the molten metal into its open cavity.
3. The metal quickly sets and is allowed to cool.
4. Once the process is complete, the mold is opened to remove the casting.
Unlike the manual procedure of the 1800s, the gravity die casting process today is automated to increase accuracy and reduce risk. With modern toolmaking techniques, we can create even more complex molding tools. Besides, we can also make the alloy development and melt control process more advanced, allowing for better casting materials’ performance.
Why Is Gravity Die Casting Used?
Gravity die casting offers several advantages for specific projects and applications that will be more powerful and convenient than other die casting processes.
These advantages include
- High production effeciency. We can produce hundreds of parts in a single day with the automation procedure.
- Sizeaccuracy. With this procedure, we can create durable, dimensionally stable castings.
- Versatility. Gravity die casting offers versatility that helps us create highly complex shapes, perfect for intricate parts.
- Goodtensile strength. This process is suitable for heavy mechanical applications, primarily when combined with heat treatment.
- Multiple finishing choices. No matter what surface you need, smooth or textured, gravity die casting is the optimal process for both and requires only minor work once the production run is complete.
Where Are Gravity Die Castings Used?
Gravity die cast parts are common seen in each industry, such as:
- Structural and architectural applications
- Consumer appliances
- Complex machinery.
Unlike other methods, gravity die castings are less porous. When these parts are cast in an aluminum alloy such as A356-T6, the result is excellent because they are light and environmentally friendly. The process offers several advantages in industries such as aerospace and automotive. The benefits include both performance and business ethics.
Moreover, the process creates precise shapes that produce components that meet strict specifications. Even with high-end products, there is no chance of error, as the procedure offers reliable performance regardless of speed and volume of production. This balances initial costs complex tooling and creates a favorable long-term return on investment.
Gravity Die Casting Company – CFS Foundry
CFS Foundry is one of the largest and most reputable gravity die casting companies in China that holds many satisfied customers across the globe. We currently work with major companies from all over the world, and supply raw and fully machined aluminum gravity die castings for various applications.
CFS Foundry is proud to be a famous and the strongest aluminum foundry in China for the following reasons:
- We can create aluminum castings with high quality because we have been in this industry for over 30 years.
- We do not stick to traditional techniques and continuously invest in developing and upgrading machinery, methods, and highly qualified personnel.
- Our foundry meets the requirements of various industries. These include high power engines, medical, construction equipment, off-road vehicles, energy, defense, and general engineering.
- We have four production lines, efficient finishing facilities, shot blasting, heat treatment, a fully equipped laboratory, and extensive metal inspection and testing that cover the needs of almost every industry.
- Our customers will receive full support in the development, toolmaking, and sampling and mass production processes.
- We pride ourselves on having an experienced, technically proficient, and customer-oriented team.
At CFS Foundry, our customers will receive quality aluminum gravity castings based on their drawings or samples. If you have any questions about our gravity die casting service, contact us today, we will be happy to assist you with your next project.