Dredging is an excavation activity in which materials are recovered from beneath the water’s surface. The purpose of dredging is generally to gather bottom sediment and either dispose it at a different location or use these sediments in various products. For example, sand and gravel are used in concrete mixtures. There are many uses for dredges, all of which vary and require different types of dredging equipment.
As with other wear parts, Dredge cutter teeth is the wear parts made in investment casting used for dredge head (refer to why casting for wear parts), which is the same as bucket teeth for excavator bucket. Below are the features of Dredge Cutter Teeth:
1. The unique male teeth design and easy locking system
2. The unique alloy, in which a composite insert is placed to reinforce the working tip of the tooth.
3. Self sharpening of the tooth, better ground penetration, increased production.
4. Increased lifetime, decreased frequency and duration of maintenance.
5. Advance investment casting technology for producing with low cost.
Dredgers have very high costs, and it is therefore essential that the teeth can be used for a maximum period before being replaced. Furthermore, the teeth must be changed very quickly and safely. CFS can provides a wide range of custom cutter teeth for any application in dredging. Whether it is for a cutter head, cutting wheel, draghead or for sand, clay or rock, we have the solution for any size dredger. All tooth systems are specially designed for dredging. Our investment casting foundry has succeeded in creating flexible production units that are equipped to meet dredging companies’ constantly changing demands.