If you’re in business of investment castings, you can’t ignore China. The economy is booming and it is the manufacturing capital of the world. One of our customers Allen said ” I’ve travelled to China for my business with CFS foundry countless times. Each time, I fall more in love with it. It’s developing very quickly and has rapidly become a global commerce hub. A lot of people still think of China as cheap and dirty – this may have been the case once, but not anymore. The hotels I stay at in China are nicer and more luxurious than any hotel I’ve seen in USA.”
Here are some good experiences that have worked best for me to avoid hassle, find great deals and ensure our investment castings remain the best value money can find.
Over the years we have been taken advantages of with the low cost of investment casting manufacturing in China. You get what you pay for. I have heard of an investment casting cracking in half just last year from China, poring liquid metals into molds for solidification. In the early years of 21 century, many foreigners turn to China for their demands of investment castings. And it is really an excited thing to choose a reliable investment casting supplier.
Once the manufacturers have agreed to nondisclosure of your product or design, your next step is getting a request for quotation (RFQ). Send them drawings or images of your product prototype with details such as what materials you want to use, the size of the product, and anything else like surface treatment, heat treatment, ect, they’ll need to know in order to make the item.
In your RFQ, find out:
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ). The more units of the product you’re ordering, the less each unit will cost. Every factory has a minimum order quantity. You need to strike a balance between not spending too much to buy way more than you need, but not seeking such a small amount that you have to use a second-rate factory.
- Tooling cost for first samples. Once you choose Chinese investment casting manufacturer, before mass production, you need to get a sample of your product made and inspect its quality. Normally, the samples fee is free, but tooling cost much be prepaid first. Otherwise, investment casting companies have no way to start the sample production.
- Prices for production. Find out how prices change depending on order volume. Ask for a breakdown of costs, such as the cost for the item, the cost of shipping, and anything else that the manufacturer includes in pricing.
- Time to manufacture. How long will it take to make your order? This can make or break your choice of supplier, since you don’t want to wait too long to get your products.
- Payment terms. How and when does the manufacturer expect to be paid? As a new customer, be aware that you might have to pay the entire amount of your first order upfront. Be sure to ask about future payment terms if you become a regular customer.
Once you find a suitable investment casting supplier with reasonable price, remember to send a sample PO, and arrange tooling cost to them, and trace the order status accordingly. Once there is any problem, buyer should also provide the timely information for smooth production. Only keep good communication, can both sides get what their want. Purchasers get qualified products in investment casting process, and buyers also win good quality with low prices. How a great deal that is!
Still have doubts on how to cooperate with China investment casting manufacturers? Following our purchasing guidelines, or contact us right now!