Ductile iron, also known as ductile cast iron, is a type of graphite-rich cast iron alloy for iron castings. Ductile Iron castings are produced for applications requiring strength, toughness, good machinability, and low cost. Ductile Iron contains spheroidal (nodular) shaped graphite, is higher strength than Gray Iron, and weighs about 10% less than steel for the same section size.
Benefits of Ductile Iron Casting:
- It has superior castability and machinability.
- It has an excellent strength to weight ratio.
- Cost of ductile iron casting is lower than steel castings.
- Compared to grey iron casting, ductile iron has much more impact and fatigue resistance, due to its nodular graphite inclusions.
- Ductile iron casting provides a designer with an exceptional combination of toughness, low cost manufacturing, and reliability.
Ductile Iron Casting in Our Foundry
Ductile iron has greater strength and ductility then gray iron. Those properties allow it to be used effectively in a wide variety of industrial applications, including pipe, automotive components, wheels, gear boxes, pump housings, machine frames for the wind-power industry, and so on.
Our ductile iron foundry can make ductile iron casting in different grades, such as QT400-15, QT400-15, QT450-10, QT500-7, QT600-3, ect. Together with grey iron castings, we can supply ductile iron castings both in lost foam casting and sand casting processes. Our full scale services of ductile iron casting include: Casting, heat treatment, machining and more.
Our company works collaboratively with clients to determine the best material grade and production process for each custom ductile iron castings. Contact us for your request and get more information about our solution that matches your project.