Investment casting, also known as lost wax casting, is a production process of near net forming and the most advanced casting process at present.Through investment casting, we can make semi-finished or finished stainless steel castings with complex shapes, high dimensional accuracy, smooth surface and close to the final shape of parts, which can be directly used without machining or after a small amount of machining.
Stainless steel investment casting process includes: First make a wax mold with the same size and shape as the product, then coating the surface of wax mold with layer upon layer of refractory material, after drying to get a shell mold with sufficient strength, and then melt the wax and drain clean, molten steel into it, wait for it to cool down to get the same steel products as the wax mold. Compared with ordinary machining, investment casting can minimize the amount of machining, with high detail rendering. However, investment casting is often the only way to produce parts with extremely complicated shapes.
CFS Stainless Steel Casting Company
CFS Stainless Steel Casting Company has been engaged in investment casting of stainless steel since 2001, and has overcome a lot of technical difficulties in terms of investment casting, heat treatment, and surface treatment, which makes our casting product quality always in the leading level. At present, we have the investment casting capacity of all stainless steel castings 500 tons/year, the weight of single product ranges from 5 grams to 60 kilograms, and we can provide a variety of surface treatments.
Due to the complicated process of stainless steel casting, and the shell needs to be fully air-dried, the production cycle is relatively long. Generally speaking, from the time we receive the customer’s order, it takes about 10 working days to make the mold for the workpiece with uncomplicated shape, about 20 working days to make the sample, and about 30 working days for batch production (in the case of small batch).
Common Stainless Steel Casting Grades in CFS:
|304||≤0.08||≤1.00||≤2.00||≤0.03||≤0.045||18 ~ 20||8 ~ 11||–|
|304L||≤0.03||≤1.00||≤2.00||≤0.03||≤0.035||18 ~ 20||8 ~ 12||–|
|316||≤0.08||≤1.00||≤2.00||≤0.03||≤0.045||16 ~ 18||10 ~ 14||2 ~ 3|
|316L||≤0.03||≤1.00||≤2.00||≤0.03||≤0.045||16 ~ 18||10 ~ 14||2 ~ 3|
|410||≤0.03||≤1.00||≤1.00||≤0.03||≤0.040||11 ~ 13.5||≤0.6||–|
|416||≤0.15||≤1.00||≤1.25||≤0.15||≤0.060||12 ~ 14||≤0.6||–|
|17-4||≤0.07||≤1.00||≤1.00||≤0.03||≤0.040||15.5 ~ 17.5||3 ~ 5||–|
|2205||≤0.03||≤1.00||≤2.00||≤0.03||≤0.040||21 ~ 24||4.5 ~ 6.5||2.5 ~ 3.5|
|2520||≤0.08||≤1.50||≤2.00||≤0.03||≤0.045||24 ~ 26||19 ~ 22|
The Fields We Serve:
- Navigation and Ships: Marine hardware accessories and Marine parts, such as Marine steel wire rope accessories, fishery supplies, sailboat with connector, yacht with hardware, large ships with hatch cover accessories, fire door accessories, winch accessories.
- Architecture and Decoration: The stainless steel castings show a mirror effect after polishing, which is used for connecting claw system, glass clip, sanitary ware and other hardware for large point-supported glass curtain wall.
- Food and Medicine Machinery: Our food grade stainless steel accessories are used in slaughtering equipment, food and medicine production equipment, beverage filling equipment, automatic packaging equipment.
- Petroleum and Chemical Industry: Highly corrosion-resistant stainless steel pipe fittings, explosion-proof hose fittings and valve fittings provide support for petrochemical production.
- Vehicles and Machinery: stainless steel casting process can easily create complex structure of automobile and mechanical parts, such as engine, transmission parts, connector parts, shell, decorative parts and so on.
Pls contact us if you are sourcing a good stainless steel casting company!