Like glass spider fitting, stainless steel glass spigot or glass fence spigot, is also one of the common glass hardwares used for base clamped applications such as swimming pool, glass pool fence, glass railing and etc.
Casting Process of Stainless Steel Glass Spigot
Stainless steel casting is a casting process of manufacturing complex shapes with stainless steel materials that are not easily or cost effectively forged or fabricated. Glass spigots are designed in different dimensions for the the multi thickness of glass, stainless steel casting process (lost wax investment casting method) can customize any dimension of glass spigot required. Stainless steel casting involves heating stainless steel to above its melting point and introducing the material into a mould where it solidifies into the required dimensions of glass spigots.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Casting for Glass Spigots
- With stainless steel casting, a good size accuracy (CT5-CT6) and surface finish (Ra6.3) can be expected for glass spigots, and less machining or no machining will be operated.
- There are a wide range of glass spigots. All these types of spider fittings can be realised by stainless steel casting with the workforce of moulds, which can not be replaced by other manufacturing processes.
- Stainless steel casting is the copy process by casting glass spigots separately, which is more better to keep the consistency and control the quality in high production efficiency.
Material :2205 Duplex Stainless Steel
Duplex 2205 is a two-phase, ferritic, austenitic 22% chromium, 3% molybdenum, 5 to 6% nickel alloyed stainless steel. It is the most widely used duplex stainless steel casting grade and is characterized by high yield strength, double that of the standard austenitic stainless steel grades. It also demonstrates good fatigue strength, as well as outstanding resistance to stress corrosion cracking, crevice, pitting, erosion, and general corrosion in severe environments. So casting glass spigot with 2205 duplex stainless steel can achieve higher strength and better mechanical properties than 304/316 stainless steel.
|2205||0.03||2||1||0.03||0.02||min: 21.0||min: 2.5||min: 4.5||min: 0.08|
|(S31803)||max||max||max||max||max||max: 23.0||max: 3.5||max: 6.5||max: 0.20|
|2205||0.03||2||1||0.03||0.02||min: 22.0||min: 3.0||min: 4.5||min: 0.14|
|(S32205)||max||max||max||max||max||max: 23.0||max: 3.5||max: 6.5||max: 0.20|
|Grade||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength||Elongation %||Hardness (HB) MAX|
|ksi (min)||0.2% ksi (min)|
ASTM/ASME: A240 UNS S32205/S31803
EURONORM: 1.4462 X2CrNiMoN 22.5.3
AFNOR: Z3 CrNi 22.05 AZ
DIN: W.Nr 1.4462
Surface Finish: Mirror Polishing or Satin Polishing
Polishing of any type improves the texture, appearance and consistency of stainless steel cast glass spigot.
Mirror Polished Stainless Steel Glass Spigot
In the case of mirror polishing, it creates a reflective surface with brilliant shine. This is achieved by pre-grinding the metal to remove surface defects, and then bright-buffing the metal. The result is a smooth, reflective finish that shines even with the least bit of light.
Mirror polished stainless steel glass spigots are particularly good for outdoor applications, if only because they are so easy to clean. The fact that the surface is so smooth means that dust, dirt and grit are easily wiped off with a clean cloth. For coarser finishes, small particles of dust and dirt can easily get caught in the surface grains, but this simply is not an issue with a mirror polish glass spigot.
Satin Finished Stainless Steel Glass Spigot
A satin finish lacks the brilliant sheen of a mirror polish finish. This is a form of brushed metal that is created by polishing the metal with a 120 to 180 grit belt before it is softened with a lower-grit greaseless compound or abrasive pad.
Satin finish stainless steel glass spigots have a high aesthetic value. The resulting surface has a silky matte finish without any clear grit lines or grinding scores. This is often perceived as a bit more tasteful or even more restrained than a mirror polish.
The upside to a satin finish stainless steel glass spigot is that the surface is not reflective means that a small amount of dirt or oil will go largely undetected. In other words, you won’t have to wipe it down as often as a mirror polish Glass Spigot.
Why Casting Stainless Steel Glass Spigot in CFS Foundry?
Use CFS Company for your glass spigot project. WHY? Because our stainless steel investment casting process allows for a better surface finish, close tolerances and complex parts. You can also add logo to your glass spigot. Stainless steel with CFS Company provides cost saving in material, labor and machining. Stainless steel casting provides you with tremendous design flexibility.
By choosing CFS Company, you’ll benefit from:
- CFS foundry is the direct stainless steel foundry for manufacturing glass spigot, we can customize any type glass spigot with reduced material and labour costs.
- We can control the dimensional tolerance as precision as CT5 level.
- A variety of stainless steel grades can be used to cast glass spigot.
- All the moulds for casting glass spigotS from our company are automatic, which will greatly save the unit cost. What’s more, the lead time will be much shorter.
- Beside stainless steel casting, we can offer some value added services like mirror polishing, machining, ect, so that we can deliver finished glass spigots to our customers from all over the world.
- By locating in the second largest habour city in China, our clients can enjoy convenient water transportation for delivering glass spigots in both LCS (Less Container Shipping) and (Full Container Shipping) with less shipping cost and delivery time.
Contact us to learn more about how CFS Company can help you with your glass spigot project.